App Reviews — Revyz Backup and Restore Data for Jira Cloud
Welcome to another instalment in our series of blog posts where we highlight and review apps.
The Togetha team have been engaged with the Revyz team since early in 2022. We saw a need for an easy way to automate backups for Jira Cloud. We are very excited about Revyz targeting data residency in Australia from the start of 2023.
About Revyz Backup and Restore
Backed by Atlassian Ventures and Druva Inc, Revyz Backup and Restore provides enterprise-class protection for your Jira data with automated backups, data recovery and analytics.
This app is the only native backup and restore solution for Jira Cloud, helping customers in today’s threat and regulatory landscape protect their data by addressing the gaps in Atlassian's shared responsibility model.
Atlassian Cloud Admins are responsible for managing the information within accounts; namely users, policy and compliance, marketplace apps and information. Consequently, data backups are the customer's responsibility, hence if any data is lost, whether that be maliciously or due to human error, it is unretrievable unless the customer has made a backup. You can find more information on this by reading Revyz’s Guide to SaaS Shared Responsibility Model.
Revyz Backup and Restore offers a solution to this problem, protecting against user errors like accidental deletion by providing a trail of what occurred. Simply put, the app does as its name suggests, allowing customers to Revyz any mistakes or data losses by protecting against ransomware, user errors, insider threats, migration issues and other security issues. This simplifies the lives of users and administrators by providing peace of mind against data vulnerabilities.
The app is secure, native and fully compliant with Atlassian’s native authentication and authorisation controls, automatically backing up data to an isolated offsite cloud on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Notable features include:
- Daily and on-demand backups which save time and allow you to choose specific projects or objects. Users can monitor and report backup activity for compliance
- Easy granular restores allow users to restore or download multiple issues and their attachments with a single click. Access backups from anywhere, on any device using a browser and utilise the app’s Jira native search to filter, preview and narrow down issues and configurations
- Quick restores outline the creation, modification and deletion of changes made in chronological order
- End-to-end native Atlassian experience ensures there is no adjusting to third-party consoles. The app follows the workflows, price transparency, authentication and authorisation controls set by Atlassian
- 100% SaaS and Secure as backups are air-gapped from the Atlassian Cloud on the Revyz Cloud and secured with AES 256 encryption
Revyz has announced they are currently undergoing the SOC 2 audit process and are working towards supporting data residency in Australia and SOC 2 certification by Q1 of 2023.
As the only native backup and restore solution for Jira Cloud, Revyz Backup & Restore is a game changer for any business looking to avoid data risk and disruption with a simple and stress-free solution that protects their Jira data from vulnerabilities. You can try it free for 30 days here on the Atlassian Marketplace.